Wednesday, December 29, 2010

English Brown Ale Update

The English Brown Ale brewed back the 21st of November as part 2 of the "full moon brewing" experiment turned out very similar to the initial full moon brew.  This theory is gaining momentum.  See previous post for full info into the full moon phenomenon but suffice it to say that this batch experienced what can only be described as flash fermentation.  After taking almost 12 hours to get started this batch bubbles and off-gassed like few others have and was well on its way down by Wednesday the 24th of November when we racked to the secondary.

Bottling was completed on the 2nd of December for a total fermentation time of 11 days.  This batch was bulk primed using ¾ cups of dextrose (corn sugar) into very slightly over 44 - 12 ounce bottles.  The taste is right on target for this brew and unfortunately I spilled my hydrometer before I took my readings so I don’t actually know the final specific gravity of this batch.  The good news is that due to the recent brewing bonanza I have been on this batch will have plenty of time to condition in the bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment